The Difference Between Hypnotherapy and Ketamine Therapy
Hypnotherapy and Ketamine Therapy are two distinct forms of therapy that are used to help individuals overcome a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Understanding the difference between hypnotherapy and ketamine therapy can help you make informed decisions about your mental and emotional health.
Hypnotherapy is a form of therapy that uses hypnosis to help individuals overcome mental and emotional problems. During a hypnotherapy session, the therapist will guide the individual into a state of hypnosis and use this state to make positive changes to thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Hypnotherapy can be used to treat a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
Ketamine therapy is a form of treatment that uses the drug ketamine to help individuals overcome mental health conditions. Ketamine has been found to have fast-acting, anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects, and is used in low doses to help individuals manage their symptoms. Ketamine therapy is typically administered in a clinical setting by a trained medical professional.
Differences between Hypnotherapy and Ketamine Therapy
1. Mechanism of action: Hypnotherapy works by inducing a state of altered consciousness, in which the individual becomes highly suggestible, and their thoughts and behaviors can be modified. Ketamine therapy works by altering the brain’s chemistry, specifically targeting the neurotransmitter glutamate, which plays a role in regulating mood and anxiety.
2. Dosage: Hypnotherapy does not involve the use of drugs or chemicals, while ketamine therapy requires the administration of a specific dose of the drug ketamine.
3. Duration of effects: The effects of hypnotherapy can last for varying lengths of time, depending on the individual and the therapy received. The effects of ketamine therapy tend to be more immediate and short-lived, lasting several hours after a single dose.
4. Evidence base: There is a growing body of research and evidence supporting the use of hypnotherapy for various mental health conditions, while the evidence on ketamine therapy is still in the early stages.
5. Side effects: Hypnotherapy is generally considered to have few side effects. Ketamine therapy, on the other hand, can cause side effects such as confusion and temporary changes in heart rate or blood pressure.
Hypnotherapy and ketamine therapy are two distinct forms of therapy that are used to help individuals overcome mental health conditions. Understanding the differences between these two therapies can help you make informed decisions about your mental and emotional health. If you or someone you know is considering therapy, it’s important to seek the help of a qualified professional to ensure the best possible outcome.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy works with the subconscious mind to remove self-sabotaging behaviors, limiting beliefs, and blocks that prevent you from leading your best life – in love, career, finance, health, and so much more.
Hypnotherapy is a powerful therapeutic technique that accesses your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is 90% of the mind and is where all of your feelings, emotions, long-term memory, habits, patterns, beliefs, and behaviors are stored – which makes hypnotherapy so effective. We have direct access to heal your issue at its core.
How Does Hypnotherapy Work?
With hypnotherapy, we have direct access to your subconscious mind and are able to go to the root of your issue and heal it. Through the process of hypnotherapy, we are able to go to the exact origin of your issue, identify how it is affecting you in your present life, and heal it.
From there, you will learn new tools, resources, and practices to use in your everyday life. You will leave the hypnotherapy session feeling lighter, empowered, and ready to create active change in your life.
How is Hypnotherapy Different from Talk Therapy?
Hypnotherapy is different than talk therapy because in hypnotherapy we access your subconscious mind – which is 90% of your brain. Talk therapy works with your conscious mind – the other 10% part of your brain that analyzes, computes, and discerns.
What Happens During a Hypnotherapy Session?
The hypnotherapy session begins with soft, relaxing music and relaxation techniques to take you deep into a state of relaxation. Your eyes will be closed for the majority of the session. You can choose to lie down or sit up, whichever feels most comfortable to you.
You and I will then dialogue about your issue from your subconscious mind and very much like a guided meditation or a relaxing visualization, we will go through the process of accessing the root of your issue.
Once we discover that, we will remove the old, negative block and replace it with new, healthy ways of being in your life.
If you’re ready to begin your healing journey, schedule a free 15-minute initial consultation call and learn how Hypnotherapy or Ketamine Therapy can work for you.